A world where clean technologies, low carbon energy and sustainable food production support resilient economies and communities and where poverty and environmental degradation are eliminated.
- To develop and deliver sustainable technology solutions in energy, food, and resource management to businesses, governments, and communities.
- To bridge engineering and scientific research into environmental, industrial, and socioeconomic policy contexts that promote the adoption and effective application of innovation for large scale positive impact.
- To contribute to the industrial, social, and economic renaissance of Cape Breton Island and Nova Scotia.
- To contribute to Canadian leadership in clean technology and renewable energy.
- To be a recognized global leader in the development and commercialization of sustainable technology solutions in the University sector.
We believe in partnership: we will work with any organization that shares our vision and which brings complementary assets to collaboration.
- We are inclusive: we work with people of all backgrounds and cultures from all parts of the world.
- We are entrepreneurial: we will take risks when we believe that is the smart thing to do.
- We believe in the integration of conventional science and native wisdom.
- We are self-reliant: we earn more than we spend.
- We believe in having fun, even as we are working on the world’s most pressing challenges.